Saturday, July 12, 2008

Olé



I'm doing it... the ultimate Spanish experience, or at least one of them... no I don't mean un hombre! ¡I mean Corrida de Toros! We got our tickets yesterday and are all excited but a bit nervous about seeing in, but certainly this is one those, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do" moments. There is a link that explains all about it if you click on the title of the post. The morning the tickets went on sale there were about a hundred people sitting waiting to purchase the tickets They divide the ticket prices in two ways. First, how close you are to the ring and second, whether or not you are in the shade. The shaded seats being more expensive and also sold out. We will sit in the sun and pretty far away, but somehow I think it will still be very engaging... to say the very least. The Spaniards are such a passionate people, I can only imagine this will be an unforgettable experience.

For now, I will get ready to spend the day at the beach and relax while doing some studying. Also I guess my school is having a fútbal game with some staff and students... participation is optional and it's all at the beach so I think I will go and watch that for a while as I sit and soak up the hot summer sun.

My Internet is working now but it is not the wireless.

No comments: