Thursday, August 7, 2008

blogger is screwing up again.... grrrrrr

It's late, but I am wide awake. Today was a weird day. I was in a pissed off mood when I woke up, but I made the best of it. I started packing and looking through paperwork to get ready for the upcoming move. This will be the easiest one this year... just a taxi ride away. I blew off class today because there have been from 10-13 students in the class. It's just too big and there aren't enough opportunities to practice reading, writing and speaking in that time. The seat time can be made up later in August when the school slows down. Now is the time for Uni. students to come from all over Europe. They tell me n a few weeks there will be less people and a bit older too. That'll be nice, though most of the people I have met have been great.

At about 4:00, I went to the beach too much earlier than that and the sun is wicked strong. I relaxed, chatted with friends and went for a swim. The swim was in part to wash off the mango that had dripped all over me and in part to float in the sea. I love to lie on my back and float.

A long bath and a little pedicure were the plans for the evening. My feet had been so blistered that my blisters literally had blisters. I had always thought this was only an expression, but it's not. I assure you. Anyway, they are mostly healed now so I did what needed to be done to make them feel normal again. I'll just have to wear different shoes everyday if I am going to walk a lot, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

It was a really kick-back kind of day. This is rare here, even for a girl without a job! In a way, it's all a job or at least work... even the fun parts. I mean seriously... you live in a beach town and you gotta have a tan!!

I even got to talk to my mom on cam.

No comments: