Saturday, June 28, 2008

Vibes...

Craigslist strikes once again and my baby "Salsa"is sold. The first (and probably the only) new car I ever owned. My present to myself for getting tenure.

On the one hand, I will miss it, I have had a car since I was 16, never been without one. On the other hand, I have had a car since I was 16 and am looking forward to living some place that allows me not to have to rely on my own vehicle.

My Pontiac Vibe, rated #6 by Economist magazine for top "green" cars sold in the US. I had the best gas mileage of anyone (accept the few with electric or bio-diesel ) I know and I only worked 6 miles from home. So... although I have relied on my own vehicle I have also been careful and aware to the best of my ability.

Mass transit from here on in baby, that and a bicycle are on my list of things to do in Valencia... there are other things on, my list that are far more exciting than that, but I am a firm believer in "the little things in life are what keep us going. :))

Holy guacamole!! I don't have a car or a job!!! Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

(Well I kinda have a job, I just don't have to go there for another 14 months.)

No comments: