Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We did it... well ok it was mostly you guys in the states... but I can still be included in that "we" thing can't I? Afterall, I sent in my vote...

He did it!!

I fell asleep with my laptop on and this morning I was woken by a former student (and current caretaker of my Monte). I heard the bing of gmail chat asking if I had heard the news. It was 6AM here and that's how I found out. I think I did shed a tear, but it was more for pride than misery as it has been in the past few elections. When I woke up at 9AM, I saw Obama's victory speech... my goodness do I hope he delivers!

349 to 147...
You GO USA!!!!

I can't remember the last time I felt some pride for my country... it's not that there aren't so many things I love about it and are even proud of. There really are! But lately, these last few years, American pride has felt more and more like an oxymoron to me, and I think to many others too... but then suddenly, bit by bit it creeps back in... well, I hope so anyway.... I can feel bits creeping in already!!



No comments: