Sunday, April 13, 2008

Being there

My friend J called me Friday night saying she need some TLC... although I had been home from work sick for three days, I grabbed another gf went over and spent some time with her. She is losing her mother, to a slow painful death, which of course is hard for any child to see, no matter how old. We didn't talk much about her mom, but we spoke of many other things. We drank some wine and laughed... laughter and friendship, the best medicines anyone can need. After a while we found ourselves slow dancing to French music in the kitchen and comforting one another... I imagine it would have looked pretty funny for an outsider to see three women holding each other and dancing slow but to us, it was just what we needed.
In my high school yearbook, under my picture, it says, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one your with." Under that it reads, "I'm just a soul who's intentions are good, oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood." Funny that it still holds true today and not just for me, for most anybody. Sometimes we feel like we need more or someone else and sometimes it is just important to appreciate what we have right here in front of us. I was glad J called and told me she needed a friend, as I was in need of some friendship myself and certainly giving is more rewarding then taking... I love my girlfriends... each and everyone.
On another note, while my employer hasn't officially given my leave request approval, my job was posted on Friday. Looks like I will be approved. I spent hours on the phone on Friday trying to figure out the best plan of action for employment in Spain and visa's and so on... it's confusing as hell...lol... but I think I have a solid plan and will be ok... or maybe even better than ok. I know for sure that I am doing the best I know how.
Spring is nearing... I can feel the life coming back to my world. I love this time of year.

No comments: